Friday, May 25, 2012

Dreaming with open eyes...

I have an addiction. It's one that makes my mind drift somewhere else, and shuts the door of reality behind me. It's an escape, taking me worlds away from the world I live in, and everywhere in between.

(It's also totally legal. ;)

I forgot how much I love to READ! 




 I have many a fond memory cradling books in my hands, letting the summer light from the window pool onto its pages. I loved going to the library. I went through several books a month. I was a certifiable bookworm.


Then came high school. And along with high school came homework. Lots of it. And the reading assignments... so many post-traumatic flashbacks...


In the four years of high school I've hardly read anything for fun. It was mostly all school books and reading assignments. By the time I was finished with those, I was burnt out, and the computer or TV always sounded better. :P

This month, though, something wonderful and terrible happened: We need a new sensor bar for our Wii. Which means no Netflix. Which means no TV. Which means I've been picking up more books lately and remembering, "Oh my GOSH... this is awesome!" I can slowly feel my bookworminess worming its way back to the surface, and I've been going through pages like Pauly D goes through hair gel. :P

It's sort of proved itself as a new distraction, though. I'm still not finished with all the homework I need to burn through before I graduate. I have a lot of reading to do, and I'm spending it all in one place. Let me tell you, though, even though it's a bit of a distraction, at least it's an interactive one. Yes, it's fiction, but in a way I still feel like I'm learning. As a writer, I forgot how inspiring it is to not only write a lot, but to read a lot. It's opened my eyes to how many interesting and creative stories there are out there. I feel... EMPOWERED.


So... yes. With that said, what are you reading right now? What are some of your favorite books?



4 comments:

  1. I'm reading "Mother Tereasa" and have been for almost 2 months. :P It's only 200 pages....
    Oh!! I just finished "Scumble" and am reading through "Hosea."
    I think I've already raved to you about my favorite books. :P :)
    Great post!!
    I thoroughly enjoy dreaming with my eyes open! :D
    Anna P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, sounds interesting. I love Mother Theresa. XD haha
      Thanks! :D

      Delete
  2. Your timing is funny; I just started reading again with this break in school schedules.hahaha

    Right now I'm reading Inheritance, which is very interesting so far. 0_0
    Have you finished Mockingjay yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, so you got the last book?
      Yup, I finished it on Tuesday. I had mixed feelings. :P I'll tell you in person. lol
      Now I'm on to "Divergent." So far it's pretty awesome.

      Delete

You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the feedback!