Sunday, June 10, 2012

I grajeeated!

Ladies and gentlemen, we will look back on this day when we're successful adults as the first day of the rest of our lives.



Because today we stand on the threshold. Look around you!
Our future begins TODAY.

Is that every graduation cliche in the book? I feel like I might have missed one. ;)

Last Thursday was the day that I had a little green and white tassel in my peripheral vision. I walked slowly and awkwardly to my seat with a line of other graduates. I walked up the steps to receive my diploma. My parents got to say a few things about me. I moved my tassel to the right as they announced the homeschooling class of 2012.

It was sort of surreal sitting in the front pew, playing with my tassel and listening to the speeches. Looking in the mirror at my flat hat and suffocatingly hot gown and no longer wondering what I'd look like as a "grown up." And yet I don't really feel too different.

Earlier that day I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but it was awesome, and I'm glad I went through with the ceremony. It gave me a sense of finality in finishing high school (although I have some things to catch up on before the fall... *sigh*). I felt mostly relieved. I finally made it through classical literature and world history. I clawed my way out of Geometry. It felt pretty darn good.

We also got tons of pictures!!!

Mah family. :') lol
My Uncle Nathan and Grandma Beutler.

The Kaufmans. :D 

The crazy afterparty. (I made them take the lampshades off their heads for the picture. ;) haha 

Group Shot! 
Someone asked me what I'm going to do now that I've finished high school.
I just told them "SLEEP." XD

I'm gonna sleep off all the extra stress, then I'm going to PCC. What classes will I take? ..... Idunno.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulation! I graduated this year too! WOOO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and congratulations to you too! :D

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Kaylee!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again, congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Anna and Esther!

    ReplyDelete

You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the feedback!