Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Les Miserables

Hello, guys!

So... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Through Christmas and New Years I've been busy reading like crazy, writing excessively, putting together 500 piece puzzles, playing boardgames and assembling legos.

I also kicked off the new year by going to see Les Miserables.



  Yesterday I walked into the movie theater knowing next to nothing about it. 
   I walked out of the theater like this. 



And sort of like this 



It was powerful, intense, heart-wrenching, tragic, and...AMAZING!

The plot was a story of redemption, forgiveness and bravery.
The characters each had a depth to them that went beyond a lot of movies' regular superficial portrayals. The characters were portrayed in a way that showed you the state that their souls were in.


 It made you admire and have compassion for each character, even if you didn't agree with what they were doing or saying. (Except for the Inn Keepers. They're scumbags). ;P



From an artistic standpoint, the movie was also beautifully made. The camerawork was amazing.


 Also, don't let the fact that this movie is a musical be the only reason you don't want to see it. I don't typically like musicals (although the only musicals I've seen are High School Musical, Dreamgirls, Mama Mia and the Cheetah Girls... ;) but I think the singing added a lot to the movie. It just sort of amplified the emotions the characters were feeling, and it was really moving.

^This part. D:

It's a movie that's tragically beautiful, making you sad and happy and feeling like you've just witnessed something special.

Also, Jean Valjean is a total boss.



6 comments:

  1. Have you never seen the Sound of Music?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Les Mis! There is an older version of this movie that is really good too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that the 1998 version? I might have to watch that one sometime. And I definitely need to read the book now!

      Delete
    2. yea, it the 1998 version. It's awesome. I need to read the book too... but it is HUGE.

      Delete
  3. Nice.It was a moving movie.
    I am currently reading the abridged, so far I am 1/2 way through the book....I started today, so that should tell you something about the book. :p :)

    ReplyDelete

You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the feedback!