Thursday, March 22, 2012

Colorful Winter


(Picture entered in Discover Captivating's contest)


I noticed that every blog I'm following has done a post on spring... so I'm going to write a post on spring.

"But Kaylee, if the writers of all the blogs you follow jumped off a cliff, would you jump too?"

Of course not... I'd probably just blog about what might have possessed all these people to just randomly jump off a cliff!

hehe :P

Anyway... as some of you know, I'm from the land of Oregon. It's a magical land, with hippies, green grass and bucket loads of rain. In this magical place, we seem to have our own season in-between winter and spring. I'll call it "Colorful Winter."

Instead of spring "springing," Oregon likes ease into spring and dip its toes in the proverbial spring of spring before, um... springing into it. So there's a point where the weather is still as freezing as it was in January, but the colors of spring already start coming out in the trees and some of the flowers.





This lasts from about the last week of February to part of April, then it starts to get warmer...slowly...but surely...

So right now, I don't exactly have spring fever. I'm mostly bundling up in the house, enjoying the colors when I can, and biting my lip in anticipation for SUN. Oh, how I miss the sun. It actually snowed last night, and it's been in the 40's for most of the day.

Oh, just thought I'd brag for a second... my baby sister is 6 months old today!

Yup, I think we're keeping her.

9 comments:

  1. Your sister is cute. :)
    I'm not sure it is spring though, it snowed. O_O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna! :D
      Yup... apparently the first day of spring was on March 20. :P Doesn't feel like it, though. lol

      Delete
  2. Your little sister is sooo cute! :)

    thethinkingblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I'm having a giveaway at my blog. It's my first one >insert happy dance< :) Just thought I'd let you know. :)

    thethinkingblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are wonderful!! :)

    ~Lily

    lilycarolinephotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a totally unoriginal comment, but your sister is adorable and those pictures are so pretty! I love spring :) popping over from gloria's blog!

    ReplyDelete

You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the feedback!