Monday, March 26, 2012

Memory Monday: Neighbors pt. 2


(Continued from last week)

The Kid: (Not to be confused with "The Kid That We Stalk.") This kid gave us the creeps. He was friends with our neighbors directly behind us, we'd sometimes talk to him from behind the fence. He liked to give a soul-sucking stare that gave us the creeps. Aside from that, our typical conversations would go like this:
"Hey... I got a new sticky bug!"
"Can I have it?"
"We're playing with Littlest Pet Shops!"
"Can I have it?"
"Um..."

Sir Gluteus Maximus, Knight of Indecent Exposure: (Ok, so we've never actually called him that... but do I get points for creativity?) He was a relative of one of the neighbors behind our house. This guy was creepy, weird, totally inappropriate, and he flashed my mom. O_O Needless to say, we called the police, and he didn't stay long after that.

Rude Lady On The Corner With a Scotty Dog: Last year I was going door to door, getting sponsors for the annual walk for our pregnancy resource center. This is how she got her reputation:

"Hello! My name is Kaylee, and this Saturday I'll be participating in a walk to raise money for the Pregnancy Resource Center. Would you be interested in sponsoring me?"
"Are you the house with all the... kids?"
"Uh... yes."
"No, I'm not interested."

Ok. Seriously. If she didn't have the money, the time, or heck! Even if she didn't support the cause, I would've at least understood. But that's just DISCRIMINATION! *huffs* Calming down.

Fezwick and Sherman Glumpkin: Oh, the joyous memories of such quaint little children. I remember how Fezwick would torture our dog with his yard tools through our fence. The joy on his face was just a sight to behold! And he was such an observant boy! Why, he was always looking through our windows with his binoculars. He even made sure to tell us about the things he saw. "Hey... you guys were watching a movie earlier. What movie was that?"
And who can forget Sherman? Such a lovely little girl. Always complimenting us on how long and unkempt our lawn was, and asking me if I had the chicken pox (wait a few years, Sherman, and puberty will give you the chicken pox, too!)

Thank you, Sherman and Fezwick!

The Jones: The Jones were your typical, perfectly average American family. They had 2 teenage daughters. I think one of them was a cheerleader. They had an awesome clubhouse in their back yard that I always dreamed of going in. There were always rumors about what was inside. Somebody said they had a TV, Gamecube and a mini fridge in there. O_O I doubt they were telling the truth, but to this day I wonder what might have been in there...

Mikayla and Lauren: About a ten-minute walk from our house lived Mikayla and Lauren. They were sisters, but they were total opposites. Mikayla was friendly and energetic, and had fiery red hair to match her personality; Lauren was quiet, shy, and didn't really say more than one sentence at a time. Both of them were closer to Kyla and Khloe's ages (at the time, about 5 and 3 years old), but I still had fun going to their house, playing on their swingset, dancing to Shakira, playing games with them, and occasionally sitting in on conversations between my mom and theirs. Their mom was Irish and their dad was Scottish, so I always loved hearing them talk. :)


2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAH!!!! I could just picture you waving your fingers, smiling and laughing as you recount this. That is too funny. XD
    Oh all the things I miss out on from not having neighbors....
    Great post. :)
    ~Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...your neighbors scar me.

    ReplyDelete

You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the feedback!