Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Finding my marbles...



While I'm still in my loopy, slightly marble-less stupor, I figured I'd endeavor to inform you all about my amazing adventure to WINCO!

Please, please contain your excitement. ;)

Today was a whirlwind of weirdness, but it started out relatively normal. I woke up, went to the stable, goofed off with Anna, groomed some horses...

Then later the sadness hit. I don't know where it came from, really... I'm retiring from the stable in a few weeks, and I guess in a way it's just sort of hard for me. Not really because I find sweeping hallways and brushing horses all that captivating, but because I've been doing it for nearly 4 years. I can almost melodramatically see the ghosts of our younger, more naive selves in the hallways.

That brought me to the realization of "so the next phase of my life is starting up. Crap. WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE?!?!?" Then I was filled with extreme dread and disorientation.


That's how I was when I got home. And from there I sat at the computer while inhaling and exhaling the fumes of my self-pity. Then my sisters decided to throw some battery acid on the open wound by EATING MY CHINESE LEFTOVERS. Then my mom asked me if I wanted to come along with them to Winco. I sort of kind of more or less hate Winco. It's normally always crowded, and the people there are really unfriendly. I said yes anyway, though, because I needed to go to Kinko's to get some copies, anyway.

So along we drove, my self-pity fogging the windows.

Pretty soon, somewhere along the line... something happened. Something inside my brain just sort of snapped. I think it was sometime after I starting giggling uncontrollably after I realized that "We Bought A Zoo" sounds like you're just saying "Weebattazu" in some random unknown language. (Seriously. Try it.)

From there I found myself in hysterics over just about everything.

The people in the Subway window who my sisters and I named "Alfredo" and "Papa Jehoshaphat."

Joking that if they made another Hunger Games, they should make the arena look like a giant Winco (the perfect form of torture, aside from Whole Foods; but that's another story).

The lady who had shoes that looked like pumps and flip-flops ("Flumps," respectively).

Joking that you can probably buy anything at Winco in bulk (need toothpaste? Need pants? Need flip flops? BUY THEM IN BULK! Ok, not really...)

The snail statue that looked like it had a horse face (A "Snorse," respectively).

We found a dragon fruit.



Doesn't it look like a cross between a beet and an artichoke? (A "Beetichoke," as I deemed it).

The "Ask the Unicorn" button. (Infinity times better than a magic 8 ball!)



I think everyone in the store thought I was insane. I think I thought I was insane. But at least I had fun. Right? Right?


Oh... serial killers have fun too and it doesn't mean they're sane? You have a point.
Buuuut, I think falling over in hysterics is an infinitely better form of crazy, if you ask me. ;D

I then decided to go all OCD on the people of Winco and straighten out all the cereal boxes for the heck of it. Hopefully they'll appreciate it. :P

It finally began to fade away once we got to the parking lot. I still feel the smallest wisp of crazy in my veins; but I think it's mostly been unleashed on the poor, unsuspecting shoppers who were just passing through for some onions.

It was nice, though... just goofing off aimlessly, letting go of all the things that have been stressing me out. :)

We never did go to Kinko's, though.


All pictures found on Pinterest.

6 comments:

  1. I said "Weebattazu" out loud and started laughing, XP, you were right! XD
    Great post! Made my day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ISN'T IT HILARIOUS?!?! lol I still keep randomly saying it for the fun of it. :D
      Thanks! ^_^

      Delete
  2. Hi Kay! I found your blog not too long ago and I was delighted to see that you entered the photo contest over at Discover Captivating! Congrats on having your picture chosen, it is gorgeous!!! Your photography is amazing! God has truly blessed you with a special gift! I also just awarded you with the versatile blogger award. Have a lovely day! Blessings, Kyla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kyla! Thanks a lot! :D I'm glad you like my photography. You're quite the photographer yourself. XD I liked the picture you entered!

      Delete
  3. Oh, the link to the post is http://www.frecklesarentcontagious.kkrrjp.com/?p=459
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, at least you didn't burst into tears all the way through Winco. THAT would've been embarassing. :) Going all crazy is much more fun!
    "I can almost melodramatically see the ghosts of our younger, more naive selves in the hallways." Awww... I can totally relate. <3

    ReplyDelete

You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the feedback!