Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Guys! I'm cool now!

I'm half ginger by nature.

When my dad was younger, he had bright red hair. But, as we know, red hair is a recessive gene, and my mom has dark brown hair.

I've always wanted red hair. It's so pretty... and it looks like it's on fire when the sun hits it.



So last spring I said "What the heck!" and died it red.



It was a lot of fun for a while, and I really liked the way it looked.
But then it started growing out.

When the roots got really bad that summer, I decided that I've had my fun, and it was time to turn it back to my original hair color. I went to dye it back, but then it turned into this weird, orangey-blondish-brownish color. Like... I don't think this color was even invented until that very moment.

Exhibit A: Last summer. 


To my dismay it was not my original hair color. It also looked terrible because the dye was really damaging it. So... I had three options.
  1. Go bald trying to dye my hair back to my original color
  2. Shave it all off and start over
  3. Let it grow out and have the worst hair year of your life
Since the third option was the only one that left the hair on my head, I chose that one. 

With every month my roots push away the remainder of the odd color I unknowingly cursed myself with. 
I'm half ginger. Like actually... half. Ginger. 



But it's ok, guys. Because I'm cool. 

Behold. 



It's called ombre. 
It's totally in. 
And it's totally what I was going for.


Don't feel bad that I'm eons ahead of you simpletons. If you try to catch up you might be as chic as me someday. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the feedback!