Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My "Little Problem"...







I'm proud to say that I've never really been one to waste money. I'm pretty practical when it comes to money, and when I have to spend it, I really think it through before I actually buy things (with the occasional exception of buying a useless trinket or two...).

That said, my frivolity is expressed in a different way:
I am a time waster.

A shameful, shameful time waster.

I spend it like I have time to burn; And... most of the time I don't. I pretty much hand it away.

I hand it to the TV

Oh, yes. We have Netflix, so they have full seasons of "The Office," "Dr. Who," and "Myth Busters." Not to mention all those movies... movies upon movies, upon movies, upon movies... Needless to say, I'm hooked on Netflix.

I shell it out to the computer

This is probably the worst for me, because if Netflix fails, I could watch TV AND be on the computer, thanks to Youtube and Hulu. :P
Then there's always the infamous Facebook... don't even get me started.
Surprisingly, though, I don't spend humongous amounts of time on Facebook at once. Instead, I have the habit of popping on really quick, responding to whatever messages/notifications I may have, then popping off. Sounds good, right? The only flaw with this, is that now I get this compulsive urge to stop whatever I'm doing and "pop" onto Facebook "real quick..." So I "pop" several times throughout the day. Ugh.

...and the biggest waste of internet time is in the form of things like this:
Oh, hilarious, time-wasting internet memes... How I love you.
I wish I knew how to quit you. <3

...And when I'm not wasting time on screens, I'm off whittling away time staring thoughtfully into the abyss
Buuut, while I may look like this guy to concerned onlookers, the inside of my brain is filled with perplexing questions and BRILLIANT epiphanies... and sometimes stuff like this

So... I guess my only argument on this time-waster is that I'm at least using my brain...

So, while other people may struggle with breaking their piggy banks over a pair of Giorgio Armani sunglasses or a shiny pair of Jimmy Choos, I loaf on the couch and waste the one thing you can't really earn more of. Kinda sucks when you put it that way. :P

I'm trying to get better. I understand that God blessed us all with time on this earth, and it's better spent doing the things He wants us to. There are soooo many things I'd rather be doing with my time, other than knowing the latest meme jokes or what happened on the newest episode of "The Office," so I'm going to try and spend my time wisely.

Ironically though, it took me about an hour to write this.



7 comments:

  1. Wow, haha. Just know this, you're not alone in your addiction. :p :)
    On a more serious note:
    Great reminder....I'm going to get off this computer and go to bed. :)
    Keep up the good work!
    ~Anna P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's good to know. :D lol
    Have a good night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my life! Especially the part about Facebook. Let's face it, grass IS really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! We should all start some sort of support group. XD
    Grass is HILARIOUS. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your posts! Keep them coming! :) I love, too, how you're open and affirming of good things (like not wasting time... who doesn't struggle with that one?).
    "The insight is not the action" as Greg Harris said. ;)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, thanks, Ellen! :D
    hehe, I sort of figured when I clicked your profile, but thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete

You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the feedback!