Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My "sort of" screen-free week

Well, I almost survived a full week without TV... and I kind of caved on the computer. :P There was a wee bit of a misunderstanding between my sisters and I... and... well... yeah. But here's what happened this week!

Let's just say it wasn't my favorite week. I found myself grumpy throughout most of it, mainly because last week was the fateful week that the world met up with the basic laws of physics and conspired against me. I've found myself thoroughly beaten by gravity and inanimate objects.

Monday was the day when it all started. I was inspired. I was determined to make this week totally, astoundingly productive and creative.

I fixed the hole in our wall.
No door-stopper + 4 littler sisters who don't know how to carefully open the door = This.


My solution?


There, I fixed it.


Hehe ;)

I wrote a letter to a friend. I tidied up our room. I did some homework, then I went on a walk with Kyla. We were walking and minding our own business, when we came across a random speedometer that wasn't there before. Of course... we had to try running towards it to see if it would tell us how fast we were going. Needless to say, it was a stupid idea, and I now have a little less skin on my hand, knee, shoulder and hip.

Looking on the bright side, I had a heart just in time for Valentine's Day. I meant to do that. :P



Isn't it cute?
No?
Oh... sorry. :P

So... mostly everyone knows that story already, because it was pretty much the only semi-interesting thing that happened to me this week, up until Friday (but we'll get to that in a second).

Tuesday was Valentine's Day, and I followed my yearly tradition of gorging myself with chocolate until my stomach begged me to stop. (Ok... I wasn't that bad... ;) We hung out at my grandparents' house, and I got more homework and reading done.

Wednesday the temptation to use the computer wasn't as huge, because I was out and away from the computer. I groomed horses all day, and at that point I was still sore from my little run-in with the ground (not the friendliest guy, is he?)
I got to take some pictures, though! :D

Thursday was my Worldview class held by some friends of ours. Of course, the topic for that week was entertainment and the media. I winced when the guy on the video they had us watch said that our generation constantly needs to be entertained. At that point, I had cheated on my no-computer-week a couple times. *blush*

Friday I had fun dancing the night away with a couple friends. : D

The only downside was the annoying, but totally-worth-it sore muscles on Saturday. ;)

So that was last week. Disappointed? That's ok... so am I. :P I might try to avoid the computer a little more this week, as well, because I still didn't get too much accomplished last week. It wasn't because of the computer, though (or maybe that's the denial talking)... it was because every day this week I slept in, due to the fact that I'm nocturnal. Actually, I just might be a vampire; I'm pale and I never sleep. ;D

4 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud at "NOT THE FACE" XD

    And the wound looks a lot more like a heart than I thought it would, did it scar?hahaha

    You're not a vampire until you like the taste of blood, or become uber snooty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I probably had a little too much fun with it. The poor guy's face is already totally punched into the hole (I almost took another picture, but I was too lazy.) :P

    Haha, idk if it's going to scar or not. Since it's in a weird spot, it's not healing very well. :P

    Hm, I'd say that's a good thing... but then I'm just pale and nocturnal. How boring is that?! hahaha XD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you make me laugh! I love your writing. :)
    By the way, I replied to your comment on my blog. (Go check!)
    Keep up the wonderful posts!

    xo Acacia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! :D Glad you enjoyed it.
    I'll have to go check it out. XD

    ReplyDelete

You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the feedback!