Saturday, February 18, 2012

Senioritis




Ladies and gentlemen, fellow high school seniors:

Do you suffer from the following symptoms?
  • Stress
  • Confusion
  • Entrapment in a time warp
  • An endless amount of homework, and a lack of desire to finish it all
  • An inability to answer the repeated question "ARE YOU GOING TO COLLEGE?!"
  • Partial or full-on insanity
  • The unyielding urge to sleep for twelve full hours at a time
If you answered yes to one or ALL of these symptoms, then you are suffering from Senioritis.

Senioritis is both a mental and physical condition, causing you to at times relapse to the behavior of a child, bang your head against desks, and eat lots and lots of junk food. Millions suffer from it each year. In the end, no senior is safe.

The cure?

Well... call me if you find one.

I'm nearing the end of my senior year of High School. It's been pretty good, up until now. I just have this unsettling itch under my skin that I can't scratch out. It's the fact that I'm not graduated now. I actually can't wait for it to be over with. That way, I could finally breathe again.

That is... until I have to figure out what I'm doing with the rest of my life.
My mom and I were talking about this, and we both came to the same confusing conclusion. Why is it that the world expects you to know what you're doing for the rest of your life at the age of 18? Heck, we're just kids! We have trouble deciding what we're going to wear in the morning and what we're going to have for breakfast, let alone what to choose as a career!

Sometimes, it seems clear to me what I'm going to do. I'm a writer! I'm a Councillor! I'm a lawyer! I'm a photographer! I'm an ASL Interpreter! Other times... it seems more like this.


Then other times, even that seems too complicated, and my imagination takes me down a few more notches.


Hm... now that I'm finding all these pictures of Squidward that sum up exactly how I'm feeling... maybe he's suffered from Senioritis, too. If so, that can't be a good sign.

Sometimes it feels like all my stress has attached itself to that spot riiiiight in-between my eyebrows, then gets heavier and heavier until it could pull me down head-first. It's probably naive to think that it'd all go away once I graduate (I probably don't know the definition of stress yet!), but I can't wait to just take a breather from school for the three months I can.

I'll probably start slow on the whole College thing. This fall I'll probably take a few basic college classes while I'm waiting for God to prod me one way or the other. Until then, I'll just have to read. And read. And read some more. And write. And do equation after equation... *sob*

Photo Cred:

4 comments:

  1. I know just how tough it is, and I'm still a junior. 0_0
    Although, I find it hard to complain because everyone says it just gets crazier after school.LoL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I'm just a sophomore and I'm suffering senioritis! Does this mean it'll only get worse?? Not good... ;)

    Great post!
    ~Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, No worries, you'll have your ups and downs. You just start getting *really* impatient to graduate towards the end. ;) lol

    Thanks for reading! :D
    ~Kay

    ReplyDelete

You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the feedback!