Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Random Valentine's Musings...



Do you know someone like this?

"What flavor ice cream do you want?"
"Hm... chocolate. No, strawberry. Cookies and cream... mint...? I dont know..."

"What game do you want to play?"
"I don't know... I like Scrabble, Pictionary, and Apples to Apples, but I'm fine with whatever."

(If you know me... then you know at least one person like this...)

Here's an interesting experiment for you: If this indecisive person happens to be a girl, ask her about weddings and see what happens.

"Oh, when I get married someday I'm going to have a big ball gown, and a live band at the reception, and a four-tiered cake and such-and-such song is going to play for our first dance, and I want red and white roses, and blah. blahblahblahblahblahblahblah...."

I was talking to my friend Anna about weddings last week, and came to an interesting conclusion: it doesn't matter how indecisive I might be; I've been planning my wedding for years. I have a list of songs I want to be played. I have in my mind the kinds of dresses I want to try on. Sure, there have been a few things that have changed over the years, but I still have close to every detail sorted out.

Well... almost every detail.
Obviously, there's going to be one slightly important detail that I don't have yet. ;)
Every year so far, Valentine's Day has meant one thing: Candy, and lots of it. I normally get a tiny box of chocolates from relatives, and eat them until I feel like I'm gonna puke. :P While it's worked for me so far, I can't wait until I find the guy to celebrate Valentine's Day with. :)

It's weird to think that he's somewhere out there, just doing his own thing, maybe occassionally thinking the same about me. At this point, it's all one big guessing game. I could be regularly talking and laughing with him and not even realize, or he could be on the other side of the world. He could be reading this post at this very moment, or he's never even heard of me.


I don't know the who, what, where, when and how... I just know that it's in God's hands, and during Valentine's Day, there's no reason to feel like this (...Even though it's tempting sometimes...)

Or like this:




Sometimes it's easy for me to look at all my quirks and oddities and think, "Wow, that's attractive. Am I training to become the crazy cat lady?!"

Now as I write this I'm wondering... who is the crazy cat lady? What exactly did she do to become the crazy cat lady? Was she simply unattractive? O_o Was she mean? Did she go on so many dates, she couldn't decide what kind of guy she wanted? Did she scare people off with her quirks, or was she just one of those feminists with the mindset of "I don't need a MAN!" :P I think when you think of all the things that could go wrong with her personality, quirkiness might not have been the reason.

I mean... if a guy can find a girl who he loves and can be himself around, who makes him laugh and cares for him, what then is a few quirks? Am I right? Hopefully...? :P

Ah, and the tangents abound! This post is so random... :P

But anyway... to all the singletons out there... smile, eat candy, and have a good Valentine's Day. Don't let it be a disheartening reminder of what you don't yet have, but instead let it be a day to remind you that the person God has for you is out there somewhere. You don't need to scan crowds of people in search for your Waldo; it's God's will, and you can relax knowing that He'll bring you two together when the time is right. :)

And when you think of it that way, it's a little easier to sit back, eat some truffles, and watch "The Notebook" in peace.


3 comments:

  1. Ha, aha, hahahahah!!!!! I love that last picture "forever alone," sad but so funny! (I know that's a terrible thing to say)
    Anyway you are 100% right, well posted!
    ~Anna P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I know what you mean. XD They actually make a comic series about him on the internet. (Some of them are funny, some of them are kinda gross. lol)

    Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, nice post dear!

    http://www.hsquaredfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the feedback!