Tuesday, January 24, 2012

First World Problems...


My life is so hard. Many are the trials that seep into the cracks of my existence!

I have a really hard time finding two pillow cases that match.
Sometimes my toothbrush falls by the toilet and I have to buy a new one.
My sister took the last poptart, and I'm forced to eat that brand of cereal that I HATE.
I have about 5 pairs of shoes, but still nothing to match that cute outfit I got.
We're out of bottled water and now I have to drink from the faucet.
I stepped on a lego.
Hulu is making me wait an extra week to watch a new TV show.
The phone is ringing, but it's just too far away to answer it.
I sometimes have to look for the remote.
The parking lot is really crowded, and I have to park in a really annoying parking spot.
I have total split ends.
I can't find my favorite jacket, so I have to wear the puffy one that makes me feel fat.
Sometimes I sit down too long and my legs fall asleep.
My earphones to my ipod are tangled up again.
Oh my gosh, we're OUT OF TOILET PAPER!!!

Oh, woe are the problems the plague my teenage, American life. The adversity that assails me at every corner! It's sometimes too much for my soul to bear. ;)

There are a series of pictures floating around the interwebs called "First World Problems," That talk about... well... the things we privileged people complain about.







I look at these and laugh. These are seriously the things we complain about!
It's easy to kind of roll our eyes at the countless lectures our parents may tell us over the years. "Stop complaining about your food. People are starving in (insert third world country here)!" I mean, seriously... who's mom hasn't said this so many times that it becomes more of a catch phrase than a true statement? I think we've actually gone numb to how much we actually have. The things we have in our country as rights and necessities are total privileges to others.

But there really are kids out there who have one pair of shoes (if they're lucky...), eat a piece of bread a day (if that much), and have to sleep in a tent (or a hut made of cow poop...), while we complain about how we have 341 channels on cable but there's nothing on. :P

And I know it may be hard to believe... but yes, I, Kaylee, perfect gallery of flawlessness that I am (ha!), do it too. :P You should hear the dumb things I complain about! It's something we all take for granted... so let's try and be thankful, people!



5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! :)
      *sigh* Yes, what tortured souls we are! :P

      Delete
  2. My mom actually never used that phrase 'cuz she thinks it's silly.
    But it still stuck with me somehow. 0_o
    To me, the saddest part about noticing these "First world problems" other people have is just how much I complain as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL My mom didn't use it *too* often, but she's used it in times of desperation. :P
      Haha, yeah... I've actually complained about a lot of the examples I gave. O_o

      Delete
  3. How true, so very true. I will try and not complain about trivial things in the future, this is a good reminder.
    Great post!
    ~Anna P.

    ReplyDelete

You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the feedback!