Sunday, January 15, 2012

Random Musings on Football...

You're minding your own business, quietly and peacefully reading a book. You can feel the serene warmth and coziness of your surroundings as you turn the page, happily succumbing to another world... when suddenly...

A blood-curdling scream from the other room erupts and echoes through the house.
"NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!"
It startles you, and as your heart recovers, you go to the other room to check it out.

What do you find? The men of your house, sitting on the edge of their couch cushions, watching football.

Sound familiar?

It's always been a mystery to me how a bunch of guys with helmets and safety gear kicking and throwing a ball around could generate such *excitement*. It's just a game!

And sure, I'm sure there are things I do that football fans would marvel over as well, wondering how on earth I could be so excited over something so trivial. To find me squealing over the perfect conditions for a photography shoot, they could easily say, "It's just a picture!" Or if I go shopping and get a little *too* excited about a really cool shirt, some people would want to assure me, "It's just clothes!"

However, I'm not exactly screaming and jumping up and down in excitement with my face painted, holding a giant foam finger. :P I don't know anyone who's *that* crazy for football, but it does sort of make you wonder...

...How life would be if extreme football fans brought that kind of enthusiasm to other parts of life...

Like the birth of their child.


"C'mon, Doc! Here it comes! Catch that baby! Catch it! YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!"
(Something tells me his wife would need therapy...) :P

Or Church

"Go Reverend, go go go! PREACH IT!!! PREACH IT!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

Anywho... my mom and I have discovered that football is an exact science, which strictly depends on how cute the team's uniform is. :P

No, really. We've guessed which team would win according to how "cute" the uniform is, and it always works! It makes sense, though... the cuter the uniform, the more confident the players are, right? ;) LOL

But... for my dad and grandpa's sake... GO PACKERS!





2 comments:

  1. I agree, football is a mystery to me. However I think you have a point (at least the point I took away), how many people get as excited about church and hearing the sermon, and worshiping G-d, as they do about football games? You see people putting off work and missing church for a football game, but you don't always see that when it comes to church.
    (there are a lot of people who miss the football game so they can come to church, but there are a lot who don't)

    Great post! Gives a good thought to think about. :)
    ~Anna P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's funny, I didn't notice I made a point. XD I was just thinking how funny it would be to see people with bullhorns, foam fingers and face paint at church. LOL

    But yeah, you definitely make a good point. :D

    ReplyDelete

You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the feedback!